Sunday, July 8, 2012

65

I am about to have a birthday -- my 65th -- and the prescription my doctor gave me for the next few days (actually a week) is to do whatever creative thing I can think of to celebrate it for the landmark it is. This  is a part  of it.   I've put off some of the things I need to do that are important --she tells me they will keep for a week more. I close my eyes and hope that is so.

So what creative gems can I do during this prescribed respite?  I am copying as many of my CDs (I  guess the proper word is "ripping") and learning as I go along -- which is how I seemed to have learned most of what knowledge I have accumulated over the years.  I've made a lot of mistakes getting here --fortunately, most of them only once.

I guess now  would be a great time to make a bucket list...(no particular  order)
  • compile all my poetry and find a way to get it into print
  • take care of some personal correspondence
  • fit into at least a size 10 again
  • go fishing
  • go barefoot along the river
  • see Doug again and play Scrabble again
  • get  lightly toasted on a glass of wine or two
  • get lightly toasted on a goodly Scotch
  • vacuum my apartment and clean the carpet
  • visit what is left of my friends in Florida
  • get close enough to someone with whom I can share stories and learn that I am not so different after all
  • pass on to my family what I can about where they came from.  Not all of it is good  and they should know that...
  • to be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment