Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kids and Eggs and Family



Okay, so my family does things a  bit differently.  We held off the Easter celebration for a week, hoping to accommodate a wounded granddaughter and her three kids who wasn't able to make it on the actual date.   As it turned out, she still couldn't make it (Missed you and the gang, Nikki!) but the rest gathered for a feast and a very lively egg hunt in Aubrey's back yard.  With kids ranging from 10 - 18 months, it was really fun to watch.  I have photos I will add once I get all  the stuff hooked up to upload and edit my photos , but for now just imagine -- imagine! -- kids running all over a sizable back yard  helter-skelter.  The bigger kids were told to leave the really obvious eggs in the center of the yard for the youngest one to find and he proved very good at spotting them.  The older kids had it a little harder.  Some of the eggs were hidden under things and up in trees.  If you haven't been to a good Easter egg hunt lately, you might consider it for next year.  

In fact, now might be the best time to plan one.  Jaime and Aubrey (and Jinger) used plastic eggs that they filled with small toys, coins, small candies --treasures for the kids to find. But not satisfied with that, the girls decided to have an adult egg hunt in the front yard.  We had larger eggs to find, each containing a lottery ticket with one with a currency prize.  I didn't find a single egg.  Not one out of ten -- but I was given one to open -- and it was a dud ticket.  Still -- it was fun looking and laughing with my family -- which, as I said, does things a bit differently.  
 
The feast was really good,too -- the ham roasted and the gravy made by Josh, who learned the recipe from his grandmother back when she was 82 years old.  It was spectacular.  Various kitchens contributed to our dinner; this time nothing from my own was needed, so I just enjoyed everything!  Even Jinger's peeps  cake was wonderful.  


Aubrey had filled a jar with jellybeans and everyone was given a chance to guess.  By some happenstance, Taran won that, but didn't want the jellybean jar prize and the games began as to who would get them...and I still don't know where they eventually ended up!  


Not every family does things the same way -- but my family is full of surprises and fun, and all I can say is that I am glad they're mine!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment