Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life Lessons Just Keep on Coming

I don't care how old you are , how well or unwell you may be, there is always some life lesson lurking around the corner...sometimes not even in the shape or form of a lesson -- just something you realize that you should have known before, and something that will be good to remember in the  future. 

It was some years ago I dumbfounded a counselor by giving him my idea of paranoia -- that the paranoid person was actually an egoist. Who else would believe that he/she was so very important that a person (or persons) had nothing better to do than make things miserable for that egoist?   

Remembering that, the lesson for today was to remember that -- which I still believe -- and realize nobody meant to hurt me. It has nothing to do with how important I am to anyone, it was not a deliberate slight, and certainly nothing anyone knows about but me ...but I was hurt nonetheless.

Tomorrow will come and everything in the world will be the same and I suppose I will feel better  than I do at the moment, but it is good now and then to reflect on these things lest grudges form or hard feelings develop where there is no room for calluses.

The last place this belongs is on Facebook, as it is a personal lesson, but this blog is set as "close friends" and I will share it with them because it may happen to them and maybe it can help.   Nobody goes out of his or her way to hurt us unless we have somehow become an enemy -- and then the surprise that precedes the hurt is missing, because we do know where are enemies are.  

Goodnight, then.  Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment